Wednesday, March 7, 2007

More of the Same

I am alarmed,
Alarmed by the obnoxious nature of nature.
I am paralyzed,
Paralyzed by the perplexity of stature.

Tormented, I am tormented
The fire seething beneath and beyond.
Simultaneously crushing
Imploding, I was fond.

But I am squeezed, between the asphalt and the rubber.
The tick tock persisting, wishing it would slumber.

I am annoyed,
Annoyed by you and your lofty promise.
I am angered,
Angered by tomorrow’s false witness.

Fucked, I am fucked,
Buried beneath and beyond foot six.
Suffocating forcefully,
Drowning my potential fix.

Do I, do I dare make that call?
Inventing another mirage, I will stumble into fall.

I am ashamed,
Ashamed to say that winter never passed.
I am assaulted,
Assaulted by the memoir of another’s task.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

having a bad day? give me a call.