Thursday, February 8, 2007

yesterday was one of those days

its a rare occurence for me to have an entire day that feels like bliss, but yesterday was one of them so i deemed it blog worthy. for starters, i had the day off, which will have dramatic effects on anyone's outlook. the day began with my daughter sleeping in until 9 o'clock, which by the way you can't ask for more. i moved on to a vanilla latte from the bucks and headed to my guru appointment. this i'm afraid to admit was wonderfully compelling and moved my consciousness to a new place within a measly 45 minutes. the tone of this raised-consciousness was comprised of my need for the bohemian lifestyle and the battle this does with the usual middle class bondage. we must individuate i'm telling you. the dramatic nature of this led me to treat myself to a turkish royal. following i threw ho and berk in the honda and we met don don for lunch at the corner cafe. the special was tri-tip on grilled sourdough: hmmm. then we found a hole in the wall coffee shop and i went to vanilla latte # 2, which was significantly better than # 1. and it just so happened that a fresno undercurrent magazine was pre-placed at my table of choice. this seemingly little coincidence was everything i needed, for therein was an entire calendar of fresno events for the month of february. from jazz clubs to art shows, i could begin planning my bohemian assault. the afternoon consisted of me following some job leads. i decided to ditch my interview with an insurance company. if there is anything in this world i am, an insurance salesman is not it. so after some conversations with some managers around town i landed at livingstones. sitting at the bar was my buddy laz. so we shot the breeze, enjoying 2$ lime margaritas and free happy hour pizza. then weaves showed up and made it a gathering. yes, you know; we owned stones. he brought me a book to read, which was "Start Late, Finish Rich" written by that guy who's famous for inventing the "latte factor." the irony was too much to handle. the day ended with an indoor soccer game and together with my boys jeff, adam, eli, tim, and the mvp goalie scott, we took it to this team. this fact didn't seem possible at the beginning of the game. but there you have it, nothing major, but everything smooth, like a jose cuervo black and gold. i woke up today with as sore of a body as i can remember, but a mind renewed and refreshed with that needed tinge of optimism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

david bach. I met him in Santa Cruz. His wife went to Bullard of all places!

i loved your comment on my blog today by the way.